Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Clinical Pharmacology

Clinical Pharmacology is by far my favorite database to use when searching for the answer to drug questions. I really like the way the online version is laid out, and obviously the PDA version is very similar to the online one. I have not used the PDA version as much as the online version, so I can only really speak as to how to use the online one. The best part of the on-screen lay-out is the "Report" feature. I like how easy it is to create a drug interactions report or a adverse reactions report. I have actually never seen some of the features (like the adverse drug reactions report) offered on other drug information databases, so I think Clinical Pharmacology definitely offers some great benefits in those areas. Also, when searching for something as simple as a drug monograph, it is very easy to navigate the site and get directly to the information that you are looking for. While some websites make it very difficult to find the information, either through a large number of steps or by making all the information one long paragraph, Clinical Pharmacology seemingly committed itself to making the searches as simply as possible. To me, that is a very important attribute when examining a database.

No comments: