Thursday, December 13, 2007

Palm Treo 755p

I am especially interested in smartphones because I believe they are the future of PDAs and quick information access, and one of the smartphones that I hear about most frequently is the Palm Treo. One of the models that is currently popular is called the Treo 755p. It has many of the standard features of many other smartphones, but I am going to go through them anyway. This particular phone "combines a smarter phone with wireless e-mail, a built in web browser, and rich media capabilities--all at blazing, broadband-like speeds" (according to the Palm website). The Treo 755p is capable of running Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and it can also open PDF files. Like many other modern phones, it has a color screen and the full standard keyboard. There are a tremendous number of applications available for the Treo--far too many to go into here. The Treo does have access for instant messaging, and Google Maps. I have never used the Treo, so I cannot confirm this is true, but the Treo 755p brochure claims that the newest model is smaller than older models. To me, the 755p looks like a very good product and one of the top smartphones on the market.

No comments: